Sunday, August 31, 2008

Free Microsoft Office Replacement


Openoffice.org is a really nice program that has almost all of the features that Microsoft Office has. I learned about it whenever a friend of mine was almost late turning in his report and needed to type his report up and it had to be in Microsoft Word format. The school he was attending did not provide any software for him to use. They just told him it had to be in word format. I looked around the net to try and find something I could use. Then I found Openoffice and at first glance I was not sure if it was going to work because of it being a different program and all, but sure enough we were able to save it in Microsoft Word format. I thought this was great because it meant I didn't need to get word for myself either. Openoffice allows you to open and save Microsoft Word files and I think that would be a .doc, it also has its own format of course. Openoffice.org has won the award for Best Of Open Source Software Award 2008. If you don't have any kind of office software I would recommend getting this because it has full functionality for most of your office needs. Office.org can serve as a replacement for Database,Spreadsheet,Powerpoint,Word and also for making PDF files.


Click here to visit openoffice.org

No comments: